Thursday, February 19, 2009

Adapting Quickly

In October of last year, I wrote a blog about the hardest part of law school. At that time, it was dealing with the massive Internet research engines of LexisNexis and Westlaw.

Last semester I wrote a research assignment hardly using these two networks and instead relied almost entirely on print resources in the law school library.

Over the winter break, I tried to improve my computer skills by completing almost all of the online tutorials for the two search engines.

While the research is still a challenge, the tutorials helped tremendously. I just completed my first major writing project of the semester, and I did almost all of the research online. It was the complete reverse of my approach from last semester. Ironically, some students have told me that they are using print resources more this time around.

Hopefully, my ability to adapt will also lead to higher grade.

Until Next Time,

Nathan Marshburn

No comments: