Monday, March 2, 2009

My School

I'm well into my second semester of law school, and I must say that there has yet to be a morning when I woke up and regretted that I am a student at FSU College of Law.

If the statistics I've been told are correct, there were approximately nine to twelve other applicants vying for the seat that I now hold. I earned this slot through hard work and focus, but I also realize that I am fortunate to be in this position... I was born with enough intelligence to make my hard work pay off; I haven't suffered a disability to impair my talents (such as being in a serious accident or contracting a disease); I was born in a country that provides people the opportunity to improve themselves, regardless of their race or socioeconomic status.

The debt I am accruing to study here is a concern, but on the whole I think the debt is a good trade given the opportunities I should have once I complete my degree. FSU is also more economical to attend than most law schools in the United States, and we have a great academic reputation in Florida and the rest of the country.

Recently, the school produced a video about the assets of Florida State University College of Law. The link is below. If you are considering attending law school, I encourage you to watch the video and see if FSU might be a good match for you.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_students/VideoViewbook/index.html

Until Next Time,

Nathan Marshburn

1 comment:

Heather Loveless said...

Too bad you can't go back in time and talk to yourself this time last year, huh?