Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Fringe Benefit of Being on the Mock Trial Team

Despite what I wrote in my last entry, this week saw me land my first (and hopefully not my last) On Campus Interview (OCI).

I know exactly why I got in, too. The interviewing partner was a Mock Trial Team member when he attended Florida State Law, and he said that he makes an effort to at least give an interview to members of the Mock Trial Team who apply with his firm when he comes to the campus.

I'm very appreciative for the opportunity. Things went well, and we had a pleasant conversation about the firm and my activities. A lot of qualified people interviewed with that firm yesterday, though. I won't get my hopes up that I made the next step, which we would be a call-back interview. At that stage, the firm flies you to their main office to meet with more attorneys and partners.

The weather is beautiful this weekend in Tallahassee. Miami is coming to town to play us in football on Labor Day. I have a ticket to the game, and I will join my colleagues for the tailgating festivities. I am also looking forward to a slip n' slide house party on Lake Bradford tomorrow. My friends there have a great Weimaraner that is fun to play with.

***

No one should die because they cannot afford health care, and no one should go broke because they get sick. Universal Health Care Now,

Nathan Marshburn

1 comment:

Bucky C. said...

Hey, good buddy! Glad to hear you are doing well. You deserve it! Also, I couldn't agree more on the health care issue.