Friday, July 29, 2011

The Bar Exam

When I returned to Tallahassee yesterday, just back from taking the Florida bar exam at the Tampa Convention Center, one of the staff at the law school asked me, "How did it go?"

I replied without hesitation, "I do not think that I could have worked harder or prepared more to take that exam. I did the best I could. But it was intense, and it was hard."

...Wow...I am slowly beginning to unwind from the experience. I can only speak for myself, but getting ready for the bar exam and then taking the test in Tampa was the most challenging academic experience of my life. Those who graduated at the very top of my class might say that the pressure of final exams and maintaining the top status at our school was more challenging. But when I graduated from law school back in May, I did not know that such a behemoth task was still in front of me. Sure, I knew it was going to be hard work and a little stressful. It surprised me, though, how stressful the whole experience was and how much hard work was required. Graduation and all the festivities seems somewhat like a different world now- like we had the victory celebration before we went into combat.

I suppose that I will wrap up "The World of Law School" blog in my next three or four entries. It has been over a month since I last posted anything, because I spent almost all of my waking hours studying. I was in my "finals" mode for over a month. It was enough to give a person an ulcer. One of my friends did in fact get a stomach ulcer preparing for this exam. Hopefully, she can relax a little now.

My next entry will describe in more detail the experience in Tampa.

Until Next Time,

Nathan Marshburn

No comments: