Friday, January 23, 2009

Mock Trial

Now comes my first competition of law school- other than grades.

Mock Trial tryouts are next week. We received our fictional case packets a couple of days ago. I have to write a motion to the court as my entry into the contest, and then on Wednesday evening I will give an opening argument. On Thursday, I cross-examine a witness. If I make it to the final round on Friday, then I perform a closing argument for the opposite party.

It should be interesting- as well as nerve racking. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep my voice and thoughts steady. The judges will be local attorneys, professors, and members of the Mock Trial team.

Even if I don't make the team, it should be a great "thrown into the deep end" experience. I have to go through with this, and I have to get good at it if I'm going to be representing real people with real problems in a couple of years.

Until Next Time,

Nathan Marshburn

1 comment:

Bucky C. said...

Go for it! Get'em to sign a waiver releasing you of liability, then kick'em square in the nards! you can do it! ;)