Thursday, May 7, 2009

Done with the 2nd Round of Exams

All right,

I just finished my last exam of my 1st year of law school. It feels pretty good, but not quite the relief that I expected. I think when I know my grades, maybe then I'll actually feel like the first year is behind me.

A lot has happened since I last wrote. Most importantly, I landed a job this summer with Parks & Crump, one of the most successful personal injury firms in Florida. One of the partners told me that my clerkship will be "baptism by fire," but I am looking forward to seeing how a law office works and learning from some very successful trial attorneys.

That job will start in mid-June, but I was also hired as a mentor for the Summer for Undergraduates program at the law school. 60 very bright undergraduates from universities all across Florida, the country and the world will come to the law school in a couple of weeks to see if law school and perhaps FSU College of Law is the direction they wish to head in life. My job for one month will be to give them advice and help them with the program. I will show them around Tallahassee and FSU. The students will get to see the Florida Supreme Court in action, and we will meet various attorneys from the area.

There is a lot more information that I will post in the coming days. Right now, I intend to get something to eat, and then head over to Potbelly's (the club across from the law school) where many of my colleagues are already celebrating.

Until Next Time,

Nathan Marshburn

1 comment:

Bucky C. said...

Thought you were coming to see me when you mentioned potbelly, then realized you were talking about a pub. Oh well. ;)

Glad ot see you so well positioned for the summer. Teach them yunggins a thing or two about FSU!