Sunday, May 10, 2009

First in My Class

Did I mention that I finished first in my class this semester?...

Only it wasn't in class rank or GPA, but rather the 65 team NCAA basketball tournament bracket on espn.com. One of our professors set up our group. I got the championship game right- Michigan State versus the University of North Carolina, and I correctly picked North Carolina to win it all.

Being "called on" is a big thing in law school, especially during the first year. Professors will randomly call on students to speak about cases, and if you haven't read and prepared as they expect, it can be embarrassing.

So, as my prize for being first, the professor gave me a t-shirt in class that reads: "DON'T CALL ON ME!" It might have been more helpful to have this shirt in August rather than April, but it was a fun idea by the professor that helped distract us a little from the pressure.

Until Next Time,

Nathan Marshburn

No comments: