Saturday, May 30, 2009

The LSAT Revisited

I've written one blog on the LSAT. In it, I briefly described my preparation for that important test and gave my advice.

However, I am currently working as a mentor in the Summer for Undergraduates Program here at Florida State Law. 61 very bright undergraduate students considering law school are here from all over the country. I must say, after listening to how they are preparing for the LSAT and also listening to an LSAT panel made up of some colleagues here at law school, my first blog on the LSAT probably includes some bad advice.

Coming to law school was a quick decision for me, and I did not have time to prepare for the LSAT by taking a prep course such as Kaplan. I also didn't have much faith in how much it would have improved my score.

But according to the undergraduate students and the panel of students already in law school, those courses really help and can significantly raise your score.

So, I wish to amend my previous advice. If you can afford to do an LSAT prep course- be it through some institution like Kaplan or through a qualified private tutor, then I would recommend it... I wonder how much better I might have done on the LSAT if I had taken such a course. Fortunately, my score was good enough to put me here at Florida State Law and set me up with some great opportunities.

Universal Health Care Now,

Nathan Marshburn

No comments: